Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What the kid is made of

Our friend Michelle is having a bouncing baby boy in a few months and I'm thinking that this is an appropriate gift.



It's a knitted DNA model. Building block of life, new life, right? Couldn't be more appropriate. And what, are other people going to knit her DNA strands for the kid? Now I've just got to get something machine-washable so the baby DNA samples can be washed off the DNA model.

And FYI, if you are looking for unusual toys to knit (and don't want to pay $100+ for Jess Hutchinson's out of print book on eBay) Kimberly Chapman has a great array on her site.

Corn for the future vegetarian or corn syrup addict



Mushroom, continuing the vegetable theme



And Sputnik, which is a close runner up to DNA in the "Truly Geeky Baby Gift" contest.





3 comments:

MUDNYC said...

I love geeky baby gifts! So does Bacon.

Passionknitly said...

Hmm...somone really doesn't want you to hotlink.

I Know Ruth Gottesman said...

I'm trying to make it better but I don't know how! the sad life of a new blogger.